U.S. Pet Industry Fun Facts
- 40% of H/H’s had a pet in 1960
- 68% of H/H’s had a pet in 2021
- Now a U.S. H/H is twice as likely to have a pet as to
have a child under 18.
SPENDING – TOTAL PET $
- In 1960 we spent $1.08B on Pets
- In 2021 we spent $99.98B
GROWTH RATE SINCE 1960
- +7.7% per year
- +3.9% per year – adjusted for inflation
- 78% faster than Total Income
- 86% faster than Total Spending
Retail Channel $ Update – March Final & April Advance/in Pet Market Distribution Channels/by John Gibbons
Inflation is slowing but its cumulative impact is becoming more apparent!